TALAHASSEE — state of florida hosts our Lady Wednesday night at 7 p.m. at the Donald L. Tucker Center in Tallahassee, Fla. The game between the Seminoles (15-13, 8-10 ACC) and the Irish (21-8, 13-4 ACC) will be broadcast on the ACC network, with Anish Shroff and Jordan Cornette on the call. It can be broadcast here. It can also be heard on the Learfield IMG College radio network with Gene Deckerhoff and Adrian Crawford providing coverage. An audio stream is available here. Noles247.com will provide updates below:
SECOND HALF: FSU 61, ND 59 – 7:22
– FSU went 4:48 without a score, but still leads 61-59 with 7:22 remaining.
– ND closes the gap at 61-59 with 8:59 to go. FSU uses a timeout. FSU without a bucket in the last 3:11.
– FSU leads 61-54 with 10:54 remaining. Tanor Ngom is 10 points.
– FSU leads 53-52 in the first media timeout of the second half, with 13:50 remaining. John Butler has a career-high 16 points. It also has six planks and three blocks.
FIRST HALF: ND 44, FSU 39
– FSU trails 44-39 at halftime.
– FSU trails 33-31 with 3:15 remaining in the first half. The Irish have 15 second chance points.
– FSU and ND are tied, 27-27, with 7:12 to go in the first half. Blake Wesley has nine points for the Irish. John Butler is 11 points for the Seminoles.
– FSU leads 21-18 with 11:27 to go in the first half. RayQuan Evans has five points. FSU is 8 of 16 (50.0%) from the field. ND is also 8 of 16 (50.0%) from the field.
– John Butler is 3 of 3 from deep for the first nine points. As a team, the Seminoles are 5 of 5 (100%) deep. FSU leads 17-11 – 15:19 left in the first half.
USF: RayQuan Evans, Anthony Polite, Wyatt Wilkes, John Butler, Tanor Ngom
NA: Dane Goodwin, Prentiss Hubb, Blake Wesley, Cormac Ryan, Paul Atkinson Jr.,
– Matthew Cleveland is not currently on the field with the team warming up. He’s not in the building for tonight’s game. He is confirmed absent, due to a virus (non-COVID).
– Anthony Polite is dressed. Caleb Mills is undressed.
– NBA teams represented at tonight’s game include the Minnesota Timberwolves, Orlando Magic and Cleveland Cavaliers.
– FSU wears its turquoise jerseys against the Irish.
– ND wears his white jersey tonight.
POSSIBLE STARTING ROSTER FOR FLORIDA STATE
F#22 John Butler (5.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg; career opener against Notre Dame)
C#11 Tanor Ngom (4.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg; 0 pts & 0 rebs vs Notre Dame, Mar 6, 2021)
G#30 Ray Quan Evans (8.1 ppg, 2.8 apg; 2 pts & 2 rebs vs Notre Dame, Mar 6, 2021)
G#31 Wyatt Wilkes (3.8 ppg, 1.4 rpg; 19 pts and 2 rebs vs. Notre Dame, Jan. 25, 2020)
G#35 Matthew Cleveland (11.4 ppg, 4.7 rpg; career opener against North Carolina)
G#4 Caleb Mills (12.7 ppg, 2.3 rpg; career opener against Notre Dame)*
G#1 Jalen Warley (3.8 ppg, 2.5 apg; career opener against Notre Dame)
G#21 Cam’Ron Fletcher (6.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg; career opener vs. Notre Dame)
G#12 Justin Lindner (0.6 ppg, 0.4 rpg; career opener against Notre Dame)
C#15 Quincy Ballard (0.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg; Opened career game against Notre Dame)
F#30 Harrison Prieto (3.4 ppg, 1.8 rpg; career opener against Notre Dame)
REMARK: FSU Head Coach Leonard Hamilton said on Tuesday he believed there was an “outside chance” of custody Antoine Poli (right wrist) making his return to the court this week. He doubted Mills (foot) would make a comeback.
POSSIBLE STARTING LINE FOR NOTRE DAME
F#20 Paul AtkinsonJr. (12.5 ppf, 7.2 rpg; career opener vs. Florida State)
G#0 Blake Wesley (14.7 ppg, 3.5 rpg; career opener vs. Florida State)
G#3 Prentiss Hubb (8.7 ppg, 3.9 apg. 22 pts and 5 asts against Florida State, March 6, 2021)
G#5 Cormac Ryan (7.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg; 11 pts & 7 rebs vs Florida State, Mar 6, 2021)
G#23 Danish Goodwin (14.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg; 15 pts & 9 rebs vs Florida State, Mar 6, 2021)
OFFICIALS: The referee is Jamie Luckie and the referees are Pat Driscoll and Kipp KIsinger.
FSU WILL WEAR N7 UNIS: The Florida State men’s basketball team will continue their tradition and wear their special turquoise Nike N7 uniforms during Wednesday’s game against Notre Dame to educate Native American and Native youth about the sport. It marks the 20and time (and the third time this season) the Seminoles will wear the special uniforms. The Seminoles also wore the special uniforms in their 65-64 win over Miami in Tallahassee on Jan. 11, 2022. This season (2021-22) marks the ninth consecutive season the Seminoles will wear the turquoise uniforms. Florida State is making a sharp departure from its traditional school colors to don turquoise Nike N7 uniforms to represent the importance of bringing sports and physical activity to Native American and Indigenous youth. “The Seminole Tribe of Florida reached out to us about this program, and we are honored and excited to wear these unique uniforms,” the head coach said. Leonard Hamilton. The Seminoles wore the turquoise uniforms for the first time in their 89-61 win over UT-Martin in Tallahassee on November 17, 2013. The Seminoles are 16-4 while wearing the special turquoise N7 uniforms.
FSU STAFF COACHING FOR LITERACY: Florida State Head Coach Leonard Hamilton and Associate Head Coach stan jones are at the forefront of one of college basketball’s great initiatives as the Seminoles teamed up with Coaching for Literacy (CFL) to host their seventh annual literacy fight game against Notre Dame on March 2. , and fans to make America more literate by participating in outreach efforts, volunteer work, and fundraising activities. According to the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), 59% of fourth graders in Florida are not fluent in reading. The Seminoles are doing their part to change this unfortunate statistic. To promote the fight for literacy, members of the Seminole coaching staff will wear the green Coaching for Literacy pins to show their support for the fight for literacy.
SERIES HISTORY: FSU leads the all-time series with ND, 7-5. Notre Dame won the last meeting between the two teams. FSU won all five meetings in Tallahassee.
FIRST AND ONLY: Wednesday marks the first and probably the only meeting between the Seminoles and the Irish this season.
FSU-ND FULL NOTES
FOLLOWING: The FSU will host the senior day on Saturday at 2 p.m. when it hosts NC status. FSU has seven seniors on its current roster (Prieto, Lindner, Evans, Ngom, Osborne, Polite, Wilkes).