SOUTH ORANGE, NJ – After two games on the road, the Seton Hall women’s soccer team head home for a 6 p.m. game against Marquette on Thursday before hitting the road again for a 1 p.m. clash at No. 18 Georgetown.
All PSN and BEDN events can be seen on FloSports, one of the world’s leading streaming services. Special Seton Hall pricing is available only through this link for fans who wish to subscribe to watch Seton Hall events, home and away, and other live events on the FloSports platform . https://my.flosports.tv/partner/big-east?utm_campaign=bigeast&utm_medium=partner&utm_source=teams&utm_content=teams&utm_term=setonhall&rtid=&coverage_id= Fans with an .edu school address can purchase a subscription for $6.99 per month, and all other fans can purchase a subscription for $12.50 per month. Non-Seton Hall pricing on FloSports is normally $29.99 per month.
PROMOTING THE GAME
The Pirates will celebrate Title IX and its importance to the women’s football program by displaying quotes from the head coach Josh Ositsecond Nathalie Tavana (Middletown, Connecticut), senior Grace Gordon (Chester Springs, Pa.), Seton Hall alumni Taylor Cutcliff and more line the fence at Owen T. Carroll Field. It will also be Most Valuable Teachers Night as the four senior Pirates honor their favorite Seton Hall teachers ahead of the game.
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Pirates have one of the best defensive units in the GRAND EAST and the country as they rank 47th nationally and second in the conference in goals against average (.750) and 21st nationally and first in the league with by Grace Gordon .868 percent savings.
- Gordon receives help from the Pirates’ backline of sophomores Chiara Pucci (Munich, Germany), junior Alex Fugle (London, England) and second year Rachel Gerrie (Littleton, Colorado)
- Gordon ranks second in the GRAND EAST with a 0.76 goals-against average, ranks first with an .873 save percentage and first with 55 saves overall.
- Gordon’s 14 saves at Xavier last week set a career high and ranks among the most by a BIG EAST goaltender this season
- Natale Tavana is tied for sixth in the BIG EAST with three assists this season and leads her team with 20 shots.
OSIT JOINS THE HALL
- The head coach Josh Osit, a New Jersey native who has had success as a recruiter and tactician with Northeast Div. I’ve been playing football for a decade, entering his first season as head coach at Seton Hall.
- Osit, who has spent the past eight seasons as an assistant coach at Columbia University, becomes the fifth head coach in Seton Hall’s 28-year women’s soccer history.
- Between 2015 and 2017, the Lions were the only women’s soccer program to finish in the top three of the Ivy league in all three seasons.
- Columbia became one of the top 50 RPI teams for the first time in program history in 2019 and reached No. 28 in RPI in 2021, the highest ranking in program history.
- Prior to his time at Columbia, Osit spent two seasons as an assistant coach at Rutgers, where he was part of a Scarlet Knights program that received back-to-back NCAA Tournament offers in 2012 and 2013 and won an NCAA Tournament. . first round match in 2012
- Rutgers’ combined record over Osit’s two seasons was 26-12-6 (.659) and featured an appearance in the 2013 AAC Championship Finals.
- At the club level, Osit excelled with the New Jersey-based Players Development Academy (PDA) where he helped produce more than 20 players who were called up to national American youth camps.