January 22, 2022
Bakersfield, California – After a scoreless first period, the San Jose Barracuda (13-19-1-0) scored two goals in the second to take a 2-0 lead, but the Bakersfield Condors (14-8-3-3) would go on to score four straight to claim a 4-3 victory. With the win, Bakersfield has now collected points in 11 straight games (8-0-2-1) and won six in a row.
• John Leonard (6, 7) scored twice for his first two-goal game of his AHL career.
• Joachim Blichfeld marked his 13and goal of the year and now has goals in consecutive matches.
• Veteran Condors before Adam Cracker (9) scored a power-play goal in the third period and now has five goals in his last three games.
• Condors ahead James Hamblin (9) extending his scoring streak to three games and now has four goals in the streak.
• Highly coveted Oilers prospect Dylan Holloway collected a pair of assists on his professional debut.
• Condors d-man Vincent Desharnais (4) extended his point streak (2+3=5) to four games with a goal in the third period.
• After the loss, the Barracuda lost three consecutive games and eight in a row at Bakersfield.
• Bakersfield scored a season-high 46 shots on goal in the win.
The Barracudas return home on Sunday, January 23 against the Bakersfield Condors at 5 p.m. for Pucks and Paws Day. For tickets and more information, visit sjbarracuda.com. Sunday is also Hockey Fights Cancer night. The Barracuda will wear specialty lavender jerseys that will be auctioned off.